The CPC Research School "Lung Biology and Disease" at the Comprehensive Pneumology Center/Institute for Lung Biology is an international and interdisciplinary training program for MD and PhD students in medicine and science. Under the supervision of well-known lung experts, the students are conducting innovative research projects in a translational environment bridging fundamental research and applied clinical research. They hereby benefit from a comprehensive curriculum on an internationally high level in collaboration with the Graduate School Environmental Health (HELENA) at the Helmholtz Zentrum München and the Munich Medical Research School (MMRS) at the LMU's Faculty of Medicine.
We are looking for a Research School Coordinator "Lung Biology and Disease" (temporary, until October 31, 2020):
- Developing and organizing events and training courses in the framework of the Research School, e. g. lectures, seminars, symposia, workshops, training schools, retreats, and conferences
- Contact person for postgraduate students in medicine (MD) and science (PhD, Dr. rer. nat und äquiv.) regarding all organizational and university-related matters, as well as legal information and advice/support
- Administrative tasks (administration of transcript of records/ECTS points, Thesis Advisory Committees (TAC), Supervision/Target Agreements and TAC Meetings, etc.)
- Designing/Management of the training program in close collaboration with the scientists
- International and interdisciplinary cooperation with the collaboration partners (Universities, BMBD health centers)
- Maintenance and further establishment of the Research School network
- Coordinating, preparing, and writing project proposals and reports
- Coordinating the job advertisements/interviews/selection process of new MDs or PhDs as well as supervising the application process
- Outreach Activities (Website, Social Media, Science communication)
- Procurement of third party funding and supporting programs and financial monitoring
More details here. Please apply via the HMGU online platform.