PhD Position available - Interactions between oncogenes and innate immunity in lung adenocarcinoma
The Lung Carcinogenesis Group of the Comprehensive Pneumology Center (CPC) is now seeking a PhD Candidate "Interactions between oncogenes and innate immunity in lung adenocarcinoma"
Job Description and Requirements
- Identification and analysis of immune cells in different models of lung adenocarcinoma in mice
- Handling of and experimentation on transgenic mice expressing or deficient in critical cancer genes
- Work with cell cultures of primary lung adenocarcinoma cells derived from the lungs of carcinogen-treated mice
- Analysis of biological responses by molecular immunological and cell biological methods
- Data-mining in gene and protein-expression data bases linking innate immune response profiles to pathological outcomes
- Participation and graduation from the CPC Research School, integral member of the Munich Medical Research School (MMRS)
- Immediate commencement on or shortly after 01.01.2018
- Basic and Master University Degree in Biology, Medicine, or similar discipline
- Contributing author publication(s) in major biomedical journals
- Presentation(s) in international conferences and abstracts thereof
- Excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of molecular biology and immunology
- Excellent animal experimentation skills, including transgenic mouse work
- Basic bioinformatics knowledge, including microarray analysis and gene set enrichment analysis
- Expertise in techniques of cell and molecular biology, including cell culture, FACS, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English (German not required)
- High level of motivation, self-dependence, and scientific drive in an international team
- Willingness to travel for the purposes of the project
- Three-year initial contract with the possibility for renewal
- Innovative, well-equipped, and scientifically stimulating environment
- Mentoring and career development structures
- Excellent training and educational opportunities
- Remuneration and benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (EG 13 50% TV EntgO Bund). In addition, possibility of granting an allowance amounting to 15% if the necessary conditions are fulfilled, especially when other offers for PhD positions have been offered to the candidate.
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases, and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services. The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills. As holder of the Bavarian Advancement of Women Prize and of the Total E-Quality Certificate, the Helmholtz Zentrum München strives to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply. We look forward to receiving your application via our online application tool.